WE WILL Customize ANY PROGRAM
TO ACCOMMODATE SPECIAL CONDITIONS
People with special needs, limitations, and conditions deserve the same opportunities to be fit and healthy as everyone else. In fact, it's even more important that they maintain a structured exercise regimen of custom programmed activities to remain active and vital. We'll work with your doctor, PT, or create a program as recommended or certified by the appropriate patient advocacy organization.
We practice allied healthcare collaboration. We address any special conditions with the client, the family, and the healthcare provider prior to conducting an assessment and designing a clients’ program. Then we ask the clients' healthcare provider to clear the program and provide direction prior to engaging in any physical activity. We fully support and follow the instructions of your personal healthcare provider.
In creating a custom program for a client with a special condition, we use the following checklist for everyone:
- The program will begin with low-to-moderate intensity and then progress gradually.
- The program will be dependent on the current health status and physical condition of the client, as well as any other factors identified in the screening process.
- To cater to the needs of clients with chronic illnesses or who require special considerations, we will not proceed unless we already have, or have acquired the necessary education, certifications, and skills.
- We customize each exercise and make special modifications for the client based on physician's recommendation and best practices for medical exercise.
- We maintain close communication with the client’s family & healthcare provider, as well as obtain and adhere to their recommendations and guidelines for programming.
- We continually monitor for signs that would warrant either terminating or delaying a client’s exercise session, and discontinue sessions until they've been addressed and continuation is approved.
- All precautions are taken for client safety.
- When providing information to a client’s healthcare provider, utilize SOAP notes for documentation of client encounters, health status, and progress.